Coconut obsession? Macaroon obsession? Cookie obsession? Three is a magic number (as you can see in my photo). Feed all 3 of your obsessions in this ONE treat. Most of my family members are coconut obsessed. This recipe goes out to my Aunt G, for I know she loves her coconut.
(Makes 16 cookies)
- 1 c. almonds
- 1 c. oats
- 1/3 c. coconut flour (or almond flour)
- 3/4 c. shredded coconut or coconut chips
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Optional add-ins: raisins, chocolate drops, chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans.
- 1 Tbsp. coconut milk (or cream)
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 T flax seed + 3 T water, put in fridge while combing dry ingredients)
- 1/4 c. applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. coconut extract (or almond or more vanilla)
- 2-4 Tbsp. honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
Ingredients (chocolate drizzle)
- 1/4 c. cacao powder
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
How to (cookies):
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Blend together almonds, oats, coconut flour in a food processor.
- Add shredded coconut, baking powder and sea salt and mix together with a fork. Leaving the shredded coconut or chips whole leaves a great texture.
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients together with a fork.
- Add dry ingredients to bowl with wet ingredients and mix.
- Fold in any of the optional add-ins.
- Drop a spoonful of the mixture onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
How to (Chocolate drizzle):
- While the cookies are in the oven, combine cacao powder, coconut oil and honey together in a small bowl with a fork.
- Drizzle with a spoon over the cookies.
*Note-I have made this using buckwheat oat groats and blending them to make a flour. If you enjoy the flavor of buckwheat, you can use this to make nut free.