Today was a bike to brunch kinda Sunday. 25 miles and a delicious poached egg harissa brunch later, we were back in SaMo working on our “garden.” I was told that if I fueled the team, more work would get done, so I dutifully did just that. With this amazing & refreshing treat. Today was the first day the farmer’s market had peaches and I guess it left me inspired.
- 8-10 oz. frozen peaches (If this is only fruit you will use, use 12 oz)
- 3-4 frozen watermelon chunks (optional, use more peaches if you do not have watermelon)
- handful of frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 ripe peach, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. cashew butter (almond butter should work as well, but will affect color)
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender and push ingredients into blade with tamper while on highest setting. (Approximately 2 minutes)
- Fold in chopped peach. Make sure to include the juice!
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle with cinnamon and add some more fresh ginger (optional).
I ate mine with a rubber spatula so I could scrape all of it out of my bowl. And then went back to the blender for more.
Note: If you do not have a high speed blender, use fresh ingredients (or thawed) instead of frozen. Place all ingredients except for ripe peach into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You may have to add some milk of your choice to the mix to get it smooth. Add 2 tbsp. at a time if the case. Pour batter into a glass container and place in freezer. Stir with a spoon or whisk every 45 minutes for 2-3 hours, until it forms ice cream. Remove and EAT. If you want to save for later, thaw on counter for 10-15 minutes before eating.