Maybe it was being out of the country for several weeks this summer, or maybe just knowing that PB is delicious, but I NEEDED some peanut butter in my life this weekend. I have had unsalted, un-roasted peanuts sitting in a jar in my pantry since the beginning of summer. They weren’t exactly the most exciting food to eat on their own, so I thought I could doctor them up a bit with this super simple recipe for honey roasted peanut butter.
Ingredients (1 12 oz. or 16 oz. jar)
- *2-3 c. unsalted peanuts (You can find these in the bulk aisle of your market) or with the rest of the nuts at your store.
- 1-2 Tbsp. honey
- Sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Put peanuts on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, mixing the peanuts several times throughout.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 25-30 minutes.
- Once cooled, place peanuts in a high speed blender or food processor.
- Add honey.
- If using a high speed blender, mix on high and use tamper to reach creamy consistency, about 1-2 minutes. If using a food processor, you will have to turn off the processor every few minutes to scrape the mixture off of the sides with a rubber spatula. Repeat this until you have reached desired consistency. (Approximately 10 minutes)
- Spoon into a jar or directly onto a banana, celery stick, bread, or your mouth.
*I choose unsalted peanuts to control the amount of sodium that I eat. Also, this usually ensures that there is no added oil. The peanuts themselves contain enough oil to reach a nice & creamy texture. If you cannot find unsalted peanuts, be sure to get some without sugar & omit the salt.