Stone fruit season is coming to a sad, sad close. Especially for someone who lives with a bottomless nectarine pit. (pun intended!) I just bought 15 nectarines! Am I crazy? Apparently not because we have been flying through them. We grilled them for some friends the other night and they were OUTSTANDING. If you have never grilled a peach or nectarine before, this is the summer to do it! But if you don’t have access to a grill or want something healthy and filling for a snack, try the following treat.
- 2 ripe nectarines, pitted & halved
- 1/4 unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 c. almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- Mix the nectarines, coconut & almond milk together in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixture and process or blend until smooth.
- Serve into single serving jars and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Note: The chia seeds will remain in tact.
Have a fav fruit that is coming to the end of its season? How would you want to enjoy it?[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]