The 3 saddest words to hear in August: back. to. school. As a teacher I know the desperation of wanting to hold onto a summer so badly. Bare feet, ice cream, bicycles, sand, swim & sun. I know, I know. I am currently hearing the sound of tiny violins playing their sad song for me. But this transition calls for some serious comfort snack food to bring to lunch or have as an after-school snack. Don’t you remember coming home after school raiding the kitchen cabinets or begging for a snack before dinner? I STILL have a snack every day after school. Especially in the beginning of the year. Nothing creates a voracious appetite quite like using your noggin all day. So have a snack after class, or while studying, or pack this for a special lunch treat.
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 tbsp. vegan chocolate hazelnut butter or your favorite vegan brand
- Cut half of the banana in small slices and place on a plate.
- With a small spoon, top each banana slice with a dollop (love that word) of chocolate hazelnut butter.
- Slice the other half of the banana and top bites to make a bite-sized sandwich.
- If you don’t want to eat right away, store in the fridge or freezer. (I love keeping them in the freezer and getting them out for a frozen treat).